Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Altered Easel tutorial with Trish

Hi Off the Rails fans

Today I'm going to share an altered easel tutorial with you.

I have a few little easels on top of the old dresser in my craft room..(.once known as teenage son's room), and here's another.


Don't walk past the cheap shops..they have lots of goodies that can be altered. 
I found this little blackboard easel.
Firstly l used a paint brush to add gesso...simply because l like the texture.


Then some dylusions ink.. both sprayed on and dripped with the inner tubing.



Then my favourite addition..wire...love the stuff..
I wrap the wire around a thin brush handle and then stretch it just a bit, then loop the other end into a circle.




If you push into the  top of the circle, you create a heart shape.
Play with it until you are happy with it.

Add your wire heart with other embellishments and voila!


So next time you pass by a cheap shop...pop in and buy an easel.


Thank you 




1 comment :